Friday, October 16, 2015

Fire and Ice (Wild at Heart #3) by Mary Connealy

Bailey Wilde is one of the best new ranchers in the West. She's been living disguised as a man for a while, but when Gage Coulter comes to drive her off her homestead, he quickly realizes he's dealing with a woman--a very tough, very intriguing woman at that.

Gage is an honest man, but he didn't make his fortune being weak. He won't break the law, but he'll push as hard as he can within it. Five thousand acres of his best range land is lost to him because Bailey's homestead is located right across the only suitable entrance to a canyon full of lush grass. Gage has to regain access to his land--and he's got to go through Bailey to do it.

Spending a winter alone has a way of making a person crave some human contact. In a moment of weakness, Bailey agrees to a wild plan Gage concocts. Can these two independent, life-toughened homesteaders loosen up enough to earn each other's respect--and maybe find love in
the process?

 * GoodreadsAmazon *

I have been reading this series from the very beginning and I really love it.  Fire & Ice is the third book in the series and revolves around Bailey, the oldest and perhaps the most emotionally closed off sister of the three.  

Bailey has been masquerading as a male for years.  She served in the war and saw all the hard, awful things associated with war, death and fighting.  Bailey is harboring much guilt and resentment over one event in particular.  Bailey is used to being strong and independent and when Gage comes along and pushes her, she is ready to fight.

We get glimpses of Gage in the previous book and he comes off pushy and rough.  I love that in this book we get to see that while Gage is pushy and rough, he is also hard working and honest.  The more I got to know Gage, the more I liked him.

Bailey has the biggest character arch, I think.  Her growth emotionally really made her endearing to me.  I loved the learning that Bailey and Gage do together as well.  

We get to see the other sisters in this book for brief moments.  It's like checking in with old friends to see how they are doing.  

As I said in the beginning, I have loved this series.  I'm sad to see it coming to an end but I know Mary Connealy must have something great coming up next and I can't wait to read it!

Content:  Clean.  No swearing or sexual content.  Christian Fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.