How to Get Over Your Ex in Ninety Days
• Break off all contact for ninety days.
• Stay away from social media.
• Remember all the things you liked to do when you were single and revisit those activities.
• Think carefully about starting any new romantic attachments.
• Wine, lots of wine. No, don’t. It could end badly.
• Be mindful of anxiety and feelings of hopelessness.
• Remind yourself it takes ninety days for your mind to switch gears and picture your life in a new direction.
Presley Benson thinks she found the perfect plan to get over her ex-boyfriend, Jackson Montgomery. All she needs is ninety days. There’s a problem, though. Jackson Montgomery is the newly appointed vice principal of Riverton High School where she teaches drama.
And oh yeah, he wants her back.
So what’s a girl to do? Stick with the plan of course.
Oh my goodness. This book!
How does Jennifer Peel do it? I mean, SERIOUSLY?! Every. Single. Time. I pick up a new book by Jennifer and I'm in love all over again. It never fails. I'm really in love with this one though. How to Get Over Your Ex in Ninety Days is deliciously amusing and it made me happy!
Presley got dumped by her perfect boyfriend. It came out of nowhere and she can hardly believe it. Her best friend helps to formulate a plan for recovery and in 90 days she will be over Jackson. We get a look into Presley's mind and her heart through journal entries to Mr. Bingley which is utterly hilarious to me because man, she really lets Bingley have it when it comes to Jane. As a solid Pride and Prejudice fan, this was so funny.
Then we switch back to Presley going through her days and interactions with Jackson. Oh gee, just thinking of some of the scenes makes me smile right now. Can I just say that the word "meow" has never been so amusing to me? This book had me giggling and smiling pretty much the whole way though it. I was completely entertained and I LOVE when that happens. I want to go back and read this book right now.
There were some more serious moments too, but overall this book had a lightness to it that made it so enjoyable. Jennifer Peel has a way of writing characters that you feel like you know personally. This book should be a movie. It played out that perfectly in my head.
I love this book so much that I'm going to give away a copy of this book through Amazon. It's an ebook so understand that when entering.
- I was given a copy of this book for free. I was under no obligation to give a postitive review and all opinions expressed are my own.