Thursday, September 10, 2015

Marrying Christopher (A Hearthfire Romance #3) by Michele Paige Holmes


Having seen both his sisters Grace and Helen happily married, Christopher Thatcher is free to pursue his dream of life in America. With adventure in his heart and mind, he boards one of the first steamships set to cross the Atlantic in the record breaking time of only twenty-five days. Within the first two of those, his resolve—to avoid women and the complications they often bring to a man’s life—falters when he meets Marsali Abbott, a young woman with a past even more troubling than his own. Whether from years of habit protecting his sisters, or simply because he feels drawn to Marsali, Christopher chooses to help her and becomes her friend. As the truth about what awaits Marsali in America becomes evident, he is faced with a more difficult choice, one that will impact their lives far beyond four weeks together at sea.

 * GoodreadsAmazon *

I was so excited to finally be able to settle in and read Christopher's story.  He is the last sibling in this series and I've watched him help his sisters find love and care.  I was anxiously awaiting this book so I could watch Christopher find his love because he deserved it.

This has been a fantastic historical romance series.  I've loved each book but I think Christopher may just be my favorite.  This one jerked my emotions all over the place and the last third of the book I seriously felt so desperate- like pulling my hair and yelling AAAHHHHRRRGGGHHHH!

Christopher is leaving his homeland of England to begin a new life in America.  He has dreams of owning his own land and being his own man.  Now that his sister's are both settled with men who adore them, Christopher feels this is his time.  Christopher knows how to take care of people.  His sister's have taught him how to work hard, how to be a gentleman and how to love well.  

If you don't fall in love with Marsali in this book, you are crazy.  She is gentle kindness itself.  But don't think that means she doesn't have a backbone- because she does.  Christopher and Marsali are perfect for each other.  I loved them both.  Together and apart.

I could easily picture the scenes from this book playing out in my head like a movie.  The characters were strong and each one had personality and definition.  This was a fantastic book for me and I really loved it.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Aimee, both for taking the time to review and for your kind words. I'm very glad you've enjoyed the series. I'm hoping to have a novella about Marsali's sister out around Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.