Saturday, March 28, 2015

In My Dreams by Muriel Jensen

All he wants is family… 

Crawling on his belly through enemy fire is nothing compared to the murder that ripped Jack Palmer's childhood apart. Now that he's home from his tour of duty, the ex-soldier's most critical mission lies ahead: finding his long-lost sisters. And Sarah Reed can help.

The compassionate former pediatric nurse awakens powerful feelings in Jack. Yet Sarah's traumatic loss of a young patient prevents her from wanting a family of her own. Is Jack ready to risk his place in his adopted family for the chance to reunite with his biological one…and claim a childless future with the woman he loves?


I may have said this before, once or twice, but I really love Harlequin Heartwarming.  They put out sweet, clean romance books that I am happy to settle in and read.  I know I won't come across any sexual situations that would make me uncomfortable.  It's perfect for me.

Jack returns home from his tour of duty to find Sarah Reed.  He is instantly attracted to her but can't do anything about it because she is dating his brother.  Things get a little messy as both Sarah and Jack realize feelings for each other are growing and they have to do something about it.

I actually really like books like this where a couple falls in love and then together have to work through the things that are hard.  Jack and Sarah finally get together but realize that they just might be at an impasse because Jack really wants to have children and start a family but Sarah is dead set against it because she has seen so many children suffer and die in the hospital where she works.  

In the meantime, Jack is trying desperately to find the sisters that were taken from him when their family was split up by social services.  He has an adoptive family that he loves but really wants to find his sisters to make sure they are okay and happy.

I really enjoyed this book.  I loved the characters (Jack especially) and the journey.  I am looking forward to the next book which should bring Jack's adoptive brother and his biological half sister together.  There will be some fireworks there for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.