Thursday, May 5, 2016

Royal Games (The Royals of Monterra #3) by Sariah Wilson



Genesis Kelley didn’t just get her heart broken. The aspiring veterinarian had it crushed in front of millions of viewers on the dating reality show Marry Me. Now, just as she’s getting her life and dignity back together, her royal heartbreaker, Prince Rafael of Monterra, has landed in Frog Hollow, Iowa. And he’s renting out her aunt’s guest cottage.

Deceiving TV audiences for his brother’s sake cost Rafe the girl of his dreams. But he’s going to fix it, even if it means moving from his mountain-kingdom home to small-town Iowa. A prince doesn’t give up on his rightful princess—especially once he realizes Genesis is in deeper danger than she knows.

Between fixing her truck, whisking her off to Monterra for a whirlwind date, and charming the entire town, Rafe is thawing the ice around Genesis’s heart. Will it be enough to earn back her trust, protect her from her past—and sweep her into a real-life fairy tale?


I've been waiting and watching NetGalley like a hawk for this book.  It might be a bit of an obsession.  But, stalking sometimes pays off because all of a sudden, one day, there it was.  My heart was happy- giddy with excitement!  Ummm, I love me some Monterra royals.

The last book left me happy but I knew fully well that Genesis and Rafe had a whole story to be told.  It was on the outer reaches of the last book- there but not quite clear until the awful ending for them and me needing to know what happened.  Thus, the stalking on NetGalley.

I was so glad that while this story started well after the last book ended, I had flashbacks and the backstory of the characters to help me understand them better.  Otherwise, I would have been so, so annoyed by Genesis and her stubborn refusal of Rafe.  Well, I kind of was anyway.  She won't even let Rafe explain anything!  That's just not nice, Genesis.  Rafe is so charming and kind.  His kindness overflows to everyone he meets.  I was half in love with him myself.  Genesis has some major hangups.  Valid hangups, but still the main conflict in the book. 

I loved how the story unfolded for me.  There was sparky fireworks going off everywhere and the attraction was tangible which only added to the satisfaction I was feeling all the way through.  I loved the added bit of light suspense and how I kept thinking "it" was always going to happen.   This was another yummy addition to this series that I'm in love with.  

Content:  clean (some passionate kissing)

I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. I stalk books too. It proves to be a very effective method of getting my hands on ARCs I want. :)

    Glad you liked the book!

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.