Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Rescue Me by Lara Van Hulzen

Keith is a soldier with a wounded heart.
Torie’s secrets haunt her.
Can they trust love enough to mend what’s broken?

Torie Walker is a police officer with a past she’d like to stay hidden from. Staying at her best friend’s cabin in the mountains over Christmas is just what she needs. However, when a handsome cowboy saunters into her life, she takes the risk and trusts him with her secrets.


Keith Scott is a United States Marine. Home for the holidays, he intends to spend a quiet Christmas with his family. What he doesn’t plan on is Torie Walker, a woman who mends his heart and makes him want to love again.

 * Goodreads * Amazon *

Happy Release Day to this new book by Lara Van Hulzen!  "Rescue Me" is the third book in the Men of Honor series.  I don't think you need to read the other books to follow this one but I think it would help enhance your reading experience to have some back story on the characters.  Besides, if you haven't read the first two books, you are missing out!  This is such a fun series and I have loved reading every book.

Keith and Torie are both such strong characters yet there is a vulnerability to them as well.  Both have been hurt and betrayed, each carry secrets.  I really loved how well Keith and Torie were matched- physically and emotionally.  Torie is a police officer and she is tough stuff.  She knows how to protect and serve other people.  Keith is a marine.  He's been through more than he can say.  He is also a physically strong and dominating presence.  He knows how to protect and serve others as well.  There was something so satisfying in seeing two equally matched, strong individuals coming together in a give and take situation.  I loved it.

The pacing of this book felt good, the characters were real and easy to relate to.  I felt like I knew them myself.  As the secrets unfolded, my anticipation increased.  I was compelled to keep reading until I had finished the book.  Yeah, not much else got done that day.  :)

This book does have some Christian elements to it, but I would call it more inspirational than Christian fiction.  There was some mild swearing but was otherwise clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.