Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Painting Kisses by Melanie Jacobson

Lia Carswell is good at what she does, even if it isn't as glamorous as her old artist life in Manhattan. The popular waitress works hard in a small Salt Lake City diner, with the goal of easing her sister's financial strain. And with her witty personality and good looks, she's something of an enigma to the male customers who vie for her attention. Ever the professional, Lia keeps her distance, with one exception. Aidan is a breakfast regular, and his gentle, clever teasing draws Lia's attention and builds an easy rapport between them, though Lia would never let their relationship get serious, especially since he's not the only one trying to catch her eye. Her handsome neighbor Griff has been hinting that he wants more than a neighborly relationship.

Then her old New York artist life comes knocking, and an offer is made for a series of commissioned paintings. Lia knows it would ensure financial security for her family, but she doesn't know if she wants that life anymore. When she undertakes one final project, she reawakens her heart and soul. And as she finds herself falling in love and needing an outlet more and more, she realizes her paintings might be her saving grace.


I am a Melanie Jacobson fan.  I admit it.  I am.  I love her books and I love her style of writing.  She knows how to write a clean romance with humor and wit.  Her books suck me in and I never want to put them down.  This book was no exception.  I've been wanting to read this book since I first saw it.  Yay for the day when it popped up in my Deseret Bookshelf to read and review!  I love book gifts sent to me through Deseret Bookshelf!!

Lia is such a likable character.  I just love her.  I love how she devotes so much to her niece and her sister.  Lia's interactions with Aidan will make you smile.  Well, it made me smile anyway.  :)  I love how Lia returns to a love of painting.  The whole process and how it is described make me feel like I was missing out on something grand.  

Aidan and Lia are two imperfect people who definitely don't really understand each other until they break down the walls and listen to each other- which made me want to strangle them both at one time or another, but the tension and the build up are both parts of what make this book really good.  I really loved it.

This was a fantastic diversion for me.  I love picking up a book, getting sucked in and not wanting to put it down.  Entertaining, romantic reads are my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.