Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Sweet Regrets (Indigo Bay Sweet Romance #5) by Jennifer Peel


Melanie Dixon never thought she would find herself divorced, pregnant, and living back with her parents in Indigo Bay. Not one to let misfortune get the best of her, she picks up the broken pieces of her life and bit by bit puts them back together. She’s determined to go it alone, but her loving and equally determined family and friends have another idea.

Enter Declan Shaw, the boy next door from long ago. The boy she wasn’t quite ready to commit forever to at eighteen. Back in Indigo Bay due to a recent job promotion, Declan sees this as a second chance to reunite with the girl who has owned his heart since the day they met in their junior year of high school. But Melanie is a tougher sell on the idea than he thought she would be. Now it’s up to him to prove to Melanie that she can trust him with her heart and that he’s the man she and her baby deserve.

Will the regret and hurt of the past win out? Or will love prevail?

 * Amazon * Goodreads *

Oh my goodness.  Declan Shaw!!!  I think I just found my new book boyfriend.  Because hello?  Who wouldn't want a man like him?  He's lovin' on Melanie full on pregnant and making her feel beautiful and desired.  He is a stand up kind of man, working hard and going out of his way to prove that he is the kind of man that will love Melanie and her baby forever.  Swoony.  

There is something about second chance at first love stories, especially with the boy next door.  Although I'm sure that any book with Declan Shaw would be drool worthy.  I'm sorry.  I think I'm just not going to get past the whole Declan thing in this review.  

I read a book a few days after this one and the character's name was Duncan and I kept thinking in my head Declan.  Ha.  

It's no secret that I LOVE Jennifer Peel and her books.  Anytime, any day.  Read.  Re-read.  New books from her are my favorite things.  Right up there with chocolate, lemonade and sunshine.  This book is part of the Indigo Bay series (a series of books, set in the same small coastal town, written by different authors) and I feel like she knocked it out of the park with this one because, well, DECLAN.  :)  And now I'm right back where I began.  Full circle.  Declan Shaw.  ðŸ’—

Content:  kissing, mention of an affair

- I received a copy of this book from the author.  A positive review was not required and all opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I love beachy reads and I'm glad this was a good one. Great review.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.