Thursday, April 27, 2017

A Cookbook Review: Simplify Supper by Krista Numbers


From her grandfather Salvatore Granato's roots in Southern Italy to the legacy of her family's beloved Italian deli in the heart of Salt Lake City, Krista Numbers has a deep-seated love for good food. In Simplify Supper, this busy wife and mother proves that simple can be satisfying as she dishes up dozens of delectable dinners. From some of her family's best-loved Italian meals to fast feasts with an international flair, discover quick comfort foods you'll want at the heart of your dinner table.


I love looking through new cookbooks.  This one was especially fantastic because every single recipe has a full page picture to go with it.  I'm a visual girl so I love being able to see what the recipe is describing.  The pictures in this book made me want to start cooking and that's something because if I'm being completely honest, I hate cooking.  It's a chore for me, not a pleasure.  So, yay! for this recipe book for inspiring me to cook!  My family will be so happy.  :)

My first recipe will be the marina sauce.  (I just got this book a couple days ago and haven't had a chance to try out any recipes yet)  This recipe looks so easy and sounds delish!  I love the tips included that suggest doubling the recipe and then freezing some for quick use with another meal.  Now that's my kind of cooking!

There are several recipes that include this marina sauce, like the Classic Chicken Parmesan that I will be trying out as well.  I'm also going to try the Cilantro Lime Rice and the Mini Wanton Tacos.  Yum!

This book includes definitions, tips for cooking, and some recipes even have step by step instructions with pictures.  That's handy for a girl like me!  Oh and there are little quotes sprinkled throughout as well.  I loved those!  Here's one:

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one hasn't eaten well."  Virginia Wolf

Here's to feeding our people (and ourselves) well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.