Saturday, November 26, 2016

Pass Interference by Cami Checketts


Hyde Metcalf, wide receiver for the Denver Storm, is recovering from pneumonia and needs the best personal trainer in Colorado to get him in shape for the season. With his dad missing again and his mom fighting Alzheimer’s, it's crucial he stays close to home.

Lily Udy idolizes Hyde Metcalf and the Denver Storm. Her dream is to be a team trainer someday. When Hyde walks into the gym she’s working at and her boss gives her the opportunity to train him, it’s more than a dream come true.

Hyde thinks he may have found the perfect trainer and maybe more with Lily, until another man who wants Lily for himself, the media, his mom, and a horrible accident come between them. Happily ever after may be a pass that neither of them can jump high enough to reach.


Today I have a book written by Cami Checketts, who is one of my favorite, trusted authors in the clean romance world.  She has guest authored this book in the Last Play series by Taylor Hart.  (also one of my favorites!)  It's just awesome all the way around.

This Last Play series revolves around professional football players.  I've read every single one of them and enjoyed them all so much.  Occasionally characters from previous books make an appearance and it makes this whole series feel a bit like coming home.

The sparks immediately fly between Hyde and Lily.  Lily may have a bit of fan girl syndrome when it comes to Hyde and because of that she is determined to get him into top shape for his upcoming football season.  As Lily gets to know Hyde, she realizes that he is a great man on and off the field.  I loved how their relationship progressed so naturally from attraction to admiration and friendship to more.  Lily's family was a fun addition to the story and brought a lot of moments of connection for me as a reader.

This was the perfect book for me to read this week.  I needed a good, romantic escape after reading a book that had my heart pounding with anxiety and suspense!  Pass Interference had me smiling and made my heart happy.  

Content:  Clean

- I was given this book for free.  A positive review was not required and all opinions expressed are my own.


1 comment:

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.