Friday, February 27, 2015

Sabotaged by Dani Pettrey (Alaskan Courage #5)

Growing up, goody-two-shoes Kirra Jacobs and troublemaker Reef McKenna were always at odds. Now paired together on Yancey's search-and-rescue canine unit, they begin to put aside old arguments as they come to see each other in a different light. Then a call comes in from the Iditarod that will push them to their limits.

Kirra's uncle, a musher in the race, has disappeared. Kirra and Reef quickly track the man, but what they discover is harrowing. Frank's daughter has been kidnapped. In order to save her, the man must use his knowledge as a mechanical engineer to do the kidnapper's bidding or she will die. Kirra and Reef, along with the entire McKenna family, are thrown into a race to stop a shadowy villain who is not only threatening a girl's life, but appears willing to unleash one of the largest disasters Alaska has ever seen.

 * Amazon * Goodreads *

I came across this series and wondered why I had never read any of them.  This book was up on NetGalley and I snatched it up.  This is actually book five in the series but it can stand alone.  I knew I was missing out on some prior books because there were characters in this book that had relationships and obvious histories but that in no way detracted me from this story.  The only thing it did was make me want to go back and read the whole series from the beginning!

This book is full of adventure and suspense.  I loved the forward movement, the danger and the anticipation I felt while reading this book.  There was never a dull moment.  The Alaskan setting was interesting and COLD!!  I could never live in Alaska, but I really like reading books set there.

I enjoyed getting to know Kirra and Reef.  They have a good connection and I liked how they worked together find answers.  Reef is a protector and I liked that about him.  He was always out to help and defend Kirra which is always a sexy trait in my book.

This is a Christian fiction book.  There are Christian themes and elements to this book but I didn't find it overbearing.  The characters pray and look to God for help and direction.

My thanks to the publisher, Bethany House, for allowing me to read and review this title for them.


1 comment:

  1. Aimee,
    Thrilled you enjoyed Reef and Kirra's adventure! Thanks so much for taking time to read their story and to share a review. Appreciate it! Hope you have a great weekend.
    Dani :)

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.