Monday, May 5, 2014

The Hungry Family Slow Cooker Cookbook by Christina Dymock

It's every busy mother's dream-come-true: dinner that makes itself! With the help of your trusty slow cooker and these healthy, easy recipes, like Peppery Cilantro Salmon, Sausage Stew, and Dark Chocolate Mini Cakes, you can put dinner on the table even on the craziest of days. Don't let the whirlwind of life stop you from feeding your family the food they deserve -- delicious, home-cooked meals straight from your slow cooker.

I love when I get to review cookbooks.  Especially ones like this one- geared for busy mom's who love their slow cookers!  I was so excited to find some new recipes that I can do in my slow cooker because I don't know about you but sometimes I get in such a cooking rut.  New recipes are so nice, especially if your family loves them.

I'm a girl that doesn't really love to cook.  Actually, I don't even really like it.  So easy is the name of the game for me and if I can get yummy along with easy, I'm in.  

Where have I been that I haven't ever tried browning my hamburger in my slow cooker?  I hate browning hamburger on the stovetop.  In this book I learned that I can brown hamburger in my slow cooker.  That alone was worthy of a 5 star review from me.  If I can just think ahead and remember, I can stick that hamburger in the slow cooker and set the time so it will be all ready for dinner. That is so awesome.

I've tried a few recipes out of this cookbook now and they've been really yummy.  I have a few more on this next month's menu that I'm excited to try.  Tender beef over noodles is one of them.  There are 6 different chili recipes so you are bound to find at least one your family will love.

This is a great cookbook and one I will use often.  My thanks to the author and Cedar Fort Publishing for allowing me to review this cookbook for them!

You can purchase "The Hungry Family Slow Cooker Cookbook" at Amazon.

Christina Dymock was once at a dinner party where her husband was teasing her about the frosting-to-cupcake ratio on her dessert. The woman sitting across from them sniffed her delicate nose and said, "If my husband gave me a hard time about my frosting I'd quit baking. That'd show him." To which Christina's husband replied while pointing at his speechless wife, "Try to stop her!"

Christina divides her time between the kitchen and her computer and books and her family of six. (Naturally, the family gets the biggest share.) Because she reads everything, she also feels compelled to write in several genres.  http://christinadymock.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.