Saturday, December 14, 2013

Discovering Sophie by Cindy Roland Anderson

Sophie Kendrick's father has gone missing in the jungles of Costa Rica. Desperate for answers to his whereabouts, she decides to search for him herself. She hires Jack Mathison to guide her through the jungle, but the two of them seem to be at odds from the moment they meet. Sophie finds Jack conceited, sarcastic, and worse, very good-looking. He is totally not her type, so how could she possibly be attracted to him? Likewise, Jack can't wait to be rid of Sophie and her optimistic outlook. Seriously, how could someone be that nice? Jack isn't looking for a relationship, and finds the electrifying chemistry between the two of them completely annoying. His job is to lead Sophie to a remote village deep inside the rainforest- her fathers last known location. Still, the jungle is a dangerous place and Jack does everything in his power to protect Sophie, but who will protect his heart?

This is a book I just had to add into my reviews- not because I was asked to, but just because I want to tell you about it.  :)

This is the second book I have read by this author and I have to tell you I think I've found a new clean romance author to add to my favorites list.  Her first book "Fair Catch" was so good.  I really enjoyed it.  Then, when browsing through my recommended kindle books, I saw this one and immediately bought it.  Self indulgence at it's best.  :)

I love the characters in this book.  Sophie is sweet.  And happy.  She just has one of those type of personalities.  You can't help but like her.  Jack is a little jaded, but he has a hard time keeping that up around Sophie.  The interactions between Sophie and Jack are really great.  The tension building is awesome and I loved it.  Zingy physical attraction and all that tension building up to the first kiss.  Swoon.  Sigh.  Love.

If you haven't read anything by Cindy Roland Anderson, you should.  Especially if you love a good, clean romance like I do.  :)

There is some talk about God but nothing preachy or denomination specific.

You can find "Discovering Sophie" at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.