Wednesday, July 22, 2020

In Front of Me (A Simple Love Story #4) by Dana LeCheminant



When all your plans fail, can you find the courage to follow a new path?

Lissa Montgomery is on track to be Boston’s top financial analyst—or she would have been, if her misogynistic boss had ever given her a chance. Suddenly jobless, Lissa has little hope for her life going according to plan. But then she meets handsome and charming Brennon, a workaholic who is just as driven as she is. In order to spend more time with him when he’s not at the office, she agrees to look after his blind roommate, Steve, after he’s hit by a car.

Where Brennon is sweet and thoughtful and practically perfect, Steve is grumpy and abrasive and refuses to find a reason to be happy in his newly sightless life. Getting to know Brennon, though, means being stuck with his best friend too, even if he is a little rough around the edges.

But as Steve starts to open up and finally live again, Lissa realizes there’s a lot more to life than climbing the corporate ladder. And she has to wonder who is really blind, since Steve seems to be the only one who can see what is right in front of him.

In Front of Me is a sweet contemporary romance that functions as a standalone, with recurring characters from the rest of the Simple Love Story series.


Hello Dana LeCheminant, new author to me! I know this is book #4 but it's my first book by this author and I thought it was very good! I love finding new authors in the sweet romance genre! As stated above, this book can easily stand alone which I can attest to, but I also knew that the secondary characters had stories that I didn't know about. Especially Lissa's brother, Seth. I need to go back and read that one for sure. Well, I'm actually curious about all the characters so I hope I can find time to go back and read them all!

I thought this story flowed very well. I got to know the characters in way that seemed natural and easy. Lissa's journey to discovery and change was a satisfying one, especially since she was just a bit self absorbed in the beginning. When Lissa locks in and starts paying attention to the people and things around her, she is amazing.

There is a character in this book that I'm crossing my fingers will get the next story! My heart NEEDS him to have his own happily every after.

This book (and this series) is on Kindle Unlimited if you have that.

Content: kissing, drinking alcohol

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.