Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Loving Like Jane (Princeton Ladies Book 1) by Connie E. Sokol


Allie’s dream of writing a best-selling novel for a top literary agent is finally coming true. Except, she's already agreed to go on a bucket list Jane Austen Tour for three weeks with her newly-divorced aunt and widowed mother. To complicate matters, Allie can’t decide what the Best Novel Ever idea should be, and the first three chapters are due in, what else, three weeks. Determined to buckle down, Allie devotes her time to writing while refusing to engage in the trip’s delights, or gorgeous but enigmatic Beckett, the assistant tour director. Despite her attempts to stay focused, Allie is drawn to Beckett's quick wit, Jane Austen wisdom, and deciding if his help will further her dreams or get in the way. Join Allie on her inspiring, hilarious, and romantic adventure as she learns how loving like Jane Austen creates unexpected changes that could lead to the life she loves.

 * Goodreads * Amazon

Wowza, this is a looooooooong book.  I didn't realize going into it that it was so long.  It's not that I necessarily have any against long books but when they start feeling long, then it's probably too long.  (if that makes any sense at all)  I will admit to skimming a bit because the story just started dragging and I became impatient.  It's funny because the author in this book, Allie, is given advice to cut her book down.  I feel like this book needed some of that.

Having said that, there was honestly so much about this book that I did like.  The Jane Austen quotes to begin each chapter and all the tidbits of her life incorporated into the story were fun!  Allie was so gentle with her mother and aunt.  I loved her desire to be an author and to write something special.  I love how she increasingly drew inspiration from Jane's life and words.  Beckett was sweet.  It was all in the thoughtful little things he said and did for Allie that made me love him.  He was definitely my favorite person in the book.  I enjoyed the moments of connection and growing attraction between Beckett and Allie and even some of their playful banter.  There were lots of really good moments.

I didn't love the last third of the book.  I think that's where things got longest for me.  The switch in locations and the new obstacles made for a totally different feel- almost like it should have been a different book.   🤷

A solid 3/5 stars for this book.

Content:  kissing

I picked this book up on Kindle Unlimited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.