Wednesday, December 30, 2015

All the Way to Heaven (Fallout #1) by Becky Doughty


Anica Tomlin, business major, has just learned that the man she's been planning her future around, her Global Finance professor, already has a beautiful wife and family. Ani cashes in her graduation gift to herself a little early a trip to Tuscany but from the moment she boards the wrong train in Pisa, her plans for solitude and self-indulgence begin to unravel around her.

When a bicycle accident thrusts Ani into the skilled hands of the dashing Dr. Cosimo Lazzaro, she reluctantly accepts his invitation to recover in his family's country villa, perched on a hilltop surrounded by the Lazzaro olive groves. But it's been a black year for olive growers all over Italy, and generations of tradition are being put to the test like never before.

Ani is swept up in the drama of life in Tuscany, the convergence of old and new, and the passions that drive people to pursue the desires of their hearts. Just as Ani begins to get her feet under her again, an unexpected turn of events leaves her doubting the very existence of happily-ever-after, unless she can learn to trust the desires of her own heart.

Although "All the Way to Heaven" is a stand-alone novel, it is the first book in The Fallout Series, a collection of sweet contemporary romances that follow characters featured in the first book.


Oh, man.  I have one problem with this book.  After reading it, I want to go to Italy.  And I can't.  That's a problem.  Booooooooo.

I really loved this book.  Loved like chocolate this book.  Chocolate in Italy.  Did I mention I really want to go to Italy?  Oh, then our friend comes over talking about his trip to Italy and how much he LOVED it.  Just a little salt in my wound.  Don't worry about me.  But if anybody is going to Italy and you want to take me along...

Okay, so the book.  Right.  The book.  I loved it.  ha.  Ani is an amusing character- sweet and a bit clueless at times.  But I loved all the characters in this book.  It felt like family and settled around me like a warm blanket.  I just don't think I can say enough about how much I enjoyed my time with this book.  It fit right in my happiest place for reading- clean romance that sweeps me away to a far off place.  I could see, smell and even taste things in this book.  All my senses were on high alert and that is hard to come by in a book.  At least for me.  Becky Doughty nailed the balance of describing the people and places without it becoming too much.  

I cannot wait to read the next book in this series.  I'm off to hunt down a copy to read right away.  Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Aimee - Thanks so much for reading, reviewing, and sharing about my new book and series today!

    I appreciate you,
    Becky Doughty

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.