Monday, July 7, 2014

The Trouble With Flying by Rachel Morgan

When nineteen-year-old introvert Sarah boards a plane to fly home after an overseas holiday, the last thing she expects is Aiden, the guy sitting next to her who’s never flown anywhere before and refuses to shut up. Hours of random conversation later, they part ways. Sarah can’t stop thinking about Aiden, though, and wondering if she made a terrible mistake letting him go. Should she abandon her safe, predictable life and go in search of him, or would she be chasing a happily ever after that could never exist in real life?

Oh, this book was so cute.  I read the prequel story to this (Forgiven) not long ago and it was the perfect set up for me wanting to read this book.  I didn't know this author before but when I read in the book blurb that her books were free of sexual content or explicit language I knew she was an author I wanted to check out.  I'm always in the market for clean reads.  I'm grateful she put that in the blurb so I would know.  It's so hard to know content in the YA/NA book world and I'm always grateful to authors who give the head's up on content so I can decide.

The opening is so funny- Sarah on the plane, crying, snot running out of her nose and she cannot find a tissue fast enough.  Enter cute guy sitting next to her and her embarrassment hits all time high levels.  It was highly amusing to me.  Aiden is scared to death of flying and Sarah has to overcome her anxiety and her embarrassment to help distract him.  It turns into hours and hours of conversation and ends with a parting of ways in the form of one unexpected kiss.  I know.  <sigh>  Romantic.  

Sarah is exceptionally shy.  She has a hard time talking to strangers and she definitely doesn't know how to assert herself.  She is young though, still figuring out what she wants to some degree and starting to think about how she can get it.  For the most part she is content to allow others to make decisions and go along with what they want.  Then she begins to see other possibilities and it makes her question what she actually wants.

It was good to see Sarah gain confidence in herself as she realized that she could do hard things and make her own decisions.  Her transformation left me hopeful and happy.  I found Sarah's mental conversations amusing and I found a happily ever after that was dreamy.

I thought this book was fun.  It was the perfect summer read- light and romantic.  The next book will be much anticipated for me- I can't wait!

Content:  There is some mild swearing in this book.

Find it at Amazon!  Just .99 cents as of today!  SWEET!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.