Monday, August 22, 2022

More Than a Pretty Face (Cowboys of Stargazer Springs #2) by Remi Carrington

 


The one who got away was here all along

When I’m abandoned at a party and find myself in a vulnerable situation, a stranger rescues me. I want to thank him, but I have no memory of his face, only a text telling my housemate that he’s a cowboy with a pretty face. That’s not a lot to go on.

I’ve build him up as a fantasy in my head, but when a flirtatious ranch hand makes his interest clear, I have to choose between clinging to a memory, one that’s fuzzy at best, and embracing the present.

A real-life cowboy is better than a dream. Right? What if I’m wrong about that?

 * Goodreads * Amazon *

I've been reading books by this author here and there for a while now, mostly in between review books.  This time I am officially reviewing and I'm excited!  I read the first book in this series a few weeks ago and it was so good.  I think I liked this one even better though.

Something I really loved about this book was that there wasn't any major conflict between the characters.  No grand misunderstanding, no big departure from each other because of said misunderstanding.  It was just about these two and their paths toward love.  Yeah, there were some bumps in the road to happiness, but from outside events and not between them.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy stories the other way too, but sometimes it's nice to read a love story where the main characters get along.  You know?

It was so easy to settle into this book.  Both Jasmine and Tyler are so easy to like.  I would want to be friends with them in real life.  Tyler is a dreamy boyfriend.  I loved how he went out of his way so often to find Jasmine, to be near her, to make her feel safe and valued.  He was so patient and so attentive.  How could I not love him?!  That's pretty much what Jasmine thinks too!  We're totally on the same page.  Other fun things?  Goat yoga.  Building garden boxes.  The feeling of friends and community.

This book is part of a series but can easily stand alone.  I would recommend reading them in order if you can because the characters in this series are all part of a community and you will love the continuity and flow of knowing them from beginning to end.  I'm especially excited for the next book because Poppy and Kent!  This book really set up their story.

Content:  kissing, Jasmine's drink is drugged at a party.  Sweet romance.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.