Friday, May 15, 2015

Seaside Surprises (The Seaside Hunters) by Stacy Claflin

Tiffany Saunders is on the run. When she winds up stranded in a seaside town, she wants nothing more than to forget her horrific past and kept moving. But a chance meeting with a handsome local changes everything.

Jake Hunter has some deep emotional scars and is trying to cope with running the family business. The last thing he wants is a relationship—until a mysterious brunette walks into his store and complicates it all.

Tiffany prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong—in her rear view mirror. But dark secrets cannot stay hidden forever. Just as the walls around Tiffany’s heart start to come down, the past catches up with her. Will true love be able to conquer all?

 * Goodreads Amazon *

I love discovering new authors in the clean romance genre.  Stacy Claflin is new to me and I haven't read her other books so I don't know if they are clean or not, but this one is and I know she has plans to write more books in this series about the Hunter brothers.  I'm looking forward to them!

I love books with an ocean setting.  For some reason I am so drawn to them.  I love the ocean.

This book has a very predictable story line, I could have called the whole thing from the beginning but it was still very enjoyable.  Tiffany is on the run from an abusive husband.  She is trying to keep a low profile and stay hidden and safe.  She thinks she is just passing through this ocean town but then she steps in to Jake's store and everything shifts.

Jake is attracted to Tiffany.  One look is all it takes.  Jake is a patient man- loyal with a strong sense of duty.  He has been through a great loss which makes him so gentle, humble and compassionate.  I loved Jake.

This is a sweet, clean romance.  There is at least one instance of mild swearing that I can remember.  There is some violence (domestic abuse, attempted murder and some fighting).  While the romance here is sweet with only kisses, the main characters do become involved before a divorce is finalized.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.