Friday, May 1, 2015

Fighting for Keeps (A Brookhollow Story #5) by Jennifer Snow

Noah Parks is the ridiculously gorgeous, motorcycle-riding, cage-match-fighting equivalent of kryptonite for Lindsay Harper. And she's going to need every last ounce of her strength now that she's the legal guardian of her brother's five orphaned children. For the sake of her new family, it's time to give up her carefree single ways. Stop being the cool aunt and become a parent. And fight this crazy attraction to Noah. Sure, there's a side of him she can't help falling for…the one who volunteers as a firefighter and helps at-risk youth. The irresistibly kind and caring side. But she is a nurse, after all. She can't love an MMA fighter, a man she regularly has to scan for physical trauma… Can she?

 * GoodreadsAmazon *

Here's another Harlequin Heartwarming book for review today!  This one drew my attention because of the blurb.  It seemed like a book that would have a bit more substance and excitement going on.  Knowing that the main character, Lindsay, was fighting her attraction to Noah, who is a MMA fighter was especially intriguing because I cannot stand to watch fighting (or boxing) or anything like that.  Something in me just can't watch people beat other people, even in sport.  I was interested to know how she would reconcile that bit to reach a HEA.  

Lindsay isn't your typical girl.  She had a lot of responsibility heaped on her shoulders at a young age, protecting her brother and keeping herself together while always hearing from her mother that she was good for nothing.  Instead of believing it, she has worked hard to do something that she loves.  But, she has that play hard attitude with no responsibilities too.  Mostly I think Lindsay is just misunderstood by most people.  Except Noah.  Who sees her clearly and wants her.

I enjoyed the attraction between Noah and Lindsay.  I loved Noah's persistence.  This story was a good one and I liked it.  Although, I did skim the one fight scene that was a bit more descriptive.  Sort of like covering my eyes when I see it on TV.

This was book five in this series and I haven't read any of the other books but I didn't feel like I was missing key information.  I did, however, know that there were other stories from characters in this book that I didn't know.  I'm going to have to go and check those out.  Overall, this was a good, clean romance!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.