Oliver and I have this thing. It’s an annual, not-a-date thing where we meet up in my small town every August and he buys me a milkshake.
That’s all. Nothing else. Except maybe an innocent hug or two.
But that’s it! I can’t fall for this man. He’s always seen me as just a friend. And besides the fact that my grandparents hate him, we’re complete opposites. He’s busy touring the world, running the family resort company with his brothers. I’m busy with pajama day at the broke-down mobile library I’ve sunk my heart and soul into.
So, yeah. It’s time for me to, once and for all, move on from this silly crush that has claimed me for far too long.
Seeing Sophie again has…changed things. She’s different. She’s always been interesting, beautiful, and funny. But suddenly, everything I thought I knew about the world and how it operates has been mixed up in a blender. I’m all shook up, but I don’t think she feels the same way.
The worst part? I can’t seem to quit her, no matter how hard I try.
Guess what? Two things.
1. New book
2. New author. Well, definitely not a new author but an author new to me. I haven't read any books by author Deb Goodman so this was a fun treat. Why haven't I read anything by her before? I have no idea, but it's a thing now. I'll be reading more by her for sure!
Things I loved:
* Sophie is a librarian who loves books like I do!
* First person, dual perspective
* The library bus named Scotty
* the flower debacle. Oh, and the water fiasco. 😂
* Oliver pushing the cart at the book convention
* friends to lovers, forbidden love.
This book was engaging, funny and filled with romance. I'm really happy I had the chance to read it. The set up for future books with Oliver's brothers has me excited!
- I received a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.
Post a Comment
We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.