Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Dating the It Guy by Krysten Lindsay Hager


Emme is a sophomore in high school who starts dating, Brendon Agretti, the popular senior who happens to be a senator's son and well-known for his good looks. Emme feels out of her comfort zone in Brendon's world and it doesn't help that his picture perfect ex, Lauren seems determined to get back into his life along with every other girl who wants to be the future Mrs. Agretti. Emme is already conflicted due to the fact her last boyfriend cheated on her and her whole world is off kilter with her family issues. Life suddenly seems easier keeping Brendon away and relying on her crystals and horoscopes to guide her. Emme soon starts to realize she needs to focus less on the stars and more on her senses. Can Emme get over her insecurities and make her relationship work? Life sure is complicated when you're dating the it guy.

 * Amazon * Goodreads *

High school drama?  Yup.  This book IS high school drama.  It really took me back to the day.  Emme is young and it shows in her peer relationships.  In her family, however, she shows some remarkable maturity.  The concern and care she demonstrates for her struggling grandfather and her sick grandmother are what completely endeared me to Emme.  I am ashamed to say that I wasn't nearly so intuitive or kind when I was her age and dealt with a grandfather living in my home.  It's something I regret and often wish I could go back and redo that time with him.  Emme is everything I wish I had been.

This book is heavy on dialogue.  I was a bit surprised at how much there really was in comparison to the other books I was reading at the time.  It will probably work well with the target age group though.  Young adult, on the young side of that.

Content:  some kissing, mention of "cheating" in a relationship, death

- I received a copy of this book through ebooks for review.  All opinions expressed are my own.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the book had more depth than it first seems. Good to know! Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.