Friday, April 24, 2015

The Perfect Fool by Bethany Zohner Herbert


Plucked from the streets to become a court jester, Farrago’s life couldn’t be better, especially now that he’s flirting with scullery maid Thea. But when Thea turns out to be a queen in disguise, Farrago may become as much a fool in love as in his occupation. This medieval tale is filled with romance, humor, and twists that will keep you guessing to the last page.

 * GoodreadsAmazon *

The beginning of this book was slow going for me.  I wasn't convinced I was going to like this book at all but thankfully things picked up and I ended up really enjoying myself.

This is supposed to be a "medieval" tale but it reads more like contemporary fiction.  The setting is in a more medieval time but the characters do not talk or act as such.  Which is fine, but just don't go into this book thinking you are getting a authentic feeling medieval tale.

I didn't love Farrago at first but he grew on me.  By the end I was a Farrago fangirl.  The book is told from his perspective only, so by the end I really felt like I knew Farrago and understood him more completely.  He really is a good guy.  :)

There is a fun cast of characters, a bit of intrigue and a happily ever after ending that wasn't completely what I was expecting.  I liked that.

Content:  Clean!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.