Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Forgotten Sisters by Shannon Hale (Princess Academy #3)

After a year at the king’s palace, Miri has learned all about being a proper princess. But the tables turn when the student must become the teacher!

Instead of returning to her beloved Mount Eskel, Miri is ordered to journey to a distant swamp and start a princess academy for three sisters, cousins of the royal family. Unfortunately, Astrid, Felissa, and Sus are more interested in hunting and fishing than becoming princesses.

As Miri spends more time with the sisters, she realizes the king and queen’s interest in them hides a long-buried secret. She must rely on her own strength and intelligence to unravel the mystery, protect the girls, complete her assignment, and finally make her way home.

 * Goodreads *Amazon *

It's been quite awhile since I read the last Princess Academy book but I was so happy to settle back in with Miri and her adventures.  I love this series and I love Shannon Hale's books.  There is something magical about the way she weaves a story.

Miri has spent her year in the King's Palace, learning and developing.  She is excited to be heading home to see her family again.  But then she is called to meet with the king and queen who inform her that she isn't going to be heading home but to a remote and distant swamp land to teach three sisters all the things she has learned.  Miri is devastated.  She doesn't want to go but does it for the benefit of her home land and her people.

How can you not like Miri?  She is loyal and resourceful and kind.  Hard things come and even though she is strong and resilient, she is also human and she has very human moments of sadness, loneliness and frustration.

The forgotten sisters are fun.  They have very distinct personalities and I grew to love them.  What a happy addition to the series of characters found in these books.

I loved this book!  I loved the ending especially where all things finally and happily come together.  It was oh so satisfying.  I think it's time to introduce my twelve year old to the Princess Academy Series.  Hopefully she will love them like I do.

Content:  Clean

My thanks to the publisher, Bloomsbury, for allowing me access to this title through NetGalley for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.