Friday, April 3, 2015

Protect This by Cami Checketts (prequel to the Tenderness and Terror Series)



Protect This is the prequel to the Tenderness and Terror series. It's available now for only $.99 at the following vendors:



With five female college students on the missing persons’ list, and the perpetrator still at large, Natasha is nervous about dating anyone. But, it’s hard to say no to Tony, the hot graduate assistant she’s been drooling over all semester.  Too bad she’s not sure who to trust and all the men around her feel more like suspects than heroes. When Natasha gets into trouble and the man that should have been the safest…turns out to be her worst nightmare, Natasha has no choice but to fight for her life and the man she almost gave up.

I may be a tad bit obsessed with Cami Checketts and this Tenderness and Terror series.  Maybe.  I may have let out a tiny "squee" when she sent me this prequel novella to review.  Okay, yeah, I totally did.  And I am.  Obsessed.

This is a quick, fast, over entirely too soon, novella.  I have no idea how Cami is able to pack all the good stuff into such a pint size book, but she does.  It's romantic suspense at it's best and it played out like a movie in my head.  So much fun!

I first met Natasha in "Blog This".  It was nice to get a bit of a background story on her in this book.  This is a great addition to this series.  If you haven't had a chance to read it yet, you really should.  Below are the other books in the series and a bit about them.



Will protecting children throughout the world cost Natasha her own family?
Devastated by the loss of her brother, Natasha Senecot works to expose the dangers of Matthew Chrysler's violent video games, succeeding in bankrupting and humiliating him.

Chrysler retaliates and sends a hit man after her. Natasha is forced to fake her own death to protect her children, but after witnessing another tragedy, Natasha won't hide any longer.

In a race against time, can Natasha expose Matthew Chrysler before his assassin murders her family and shatters her world?

"Cami Checketts is a genius! She writes about topics that aren't widely discussed, in and out of books, and she does such a brilliant job of crafting these things into wonderful stories that touch your heart and remain with you for days afterwards.I sat down in the library and started reading this book, just for a little while. Three hours later the book was finished and I was regretting reading in such an open environment without at least 20 packets of tissues handy. There are so many emotions in this book, so many different layers of love and bravery and hope and I loved every moment of it!" Myra, Blogger, Pieces of Whimsy


Some men are beyond redemption. Alex is one of them.
After Alex Chakhota was blackmailed and manipulated into becoming a hit man to protect his sister, serving time as the FBI's assassin doesn't do much to ease his conscience. His next assignment brings him face to face with Brittany, a beautiful woman that believes he's more than the killer he's been made into. The road to redemption is long for someone with a blackened soul, and with lives hanging in the balance, Alex has a short deadline.
Detective Scott Bentley's days of law enforcement are behind him. When he's asked to host agents at his secluded ranch for an FBI sting operation, Scott cannot refuse. Ivy McMahon shows up with the team, and Scott gets more than he signed up for. Not only can she hack into the any computer system, she's found a way into Scott's heart. The trouble is that she's in protective custody and when the job ends, she'll disappear. 

Is redemption possible for those who lives are scarred by the past? With danger crowding close, not even love may have a chance to redeem before it's too late.

"This book was so good I couldn't put it down. I was fun to see so many characters from the first book, Blog This. I suggest you read that one first....by the end of the first book you start to like Alex. Yet, you want to hate him for all he has done. This book is really his redemption. You fall in love with all the characters even Alex. It is fast paced excitement the whole way through and such a great story! I was glad to see both Scott and Alex get the chance for love that they didn't get in the first one. Cami is one of my favorite Authors and once again she writes a really great book!" Julia Lance, Reviewer, Book Reviewing Rocks

"I cannot tell you how excited I was to read this book! Cami Checketts is one of my favorite authors. She knows how to write romantic suspense and I am always so drawn in by her books. I usually steam roll right through them because I cannot put them down. Redeem This grabbed me from the very beginning. The suspense is there from the very first chapter. There is a fantastic balance of suspense and character/relationship building. I could not put this book down!

Alex. Oy. Here's a guy that will make your heart squeeze. Honest. He is seeking redemption. Forgiveness. Acceptance. He's strong, handsome and yes, a bit dangerous. I'm telling you, heart SQUEEZE.

One of the other things I love about not only this book but all of Cami's books is that they are clean. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the no swearing/no sexual content.

Redeem This is the sequel to Blog This. If you haven't read Blog This yet, you really need to! Not only is it a fantastic book, it must be read before reading Redeem This."

Aimee, Reviewer - Getting Your Read On

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Aimee! You don't know how happy I am that you're a tad bit obsessed. I've got a sequel to Redeem This brewing in my brain, your review makes me want to write it now!
    Hugs,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.