Friday, October 17, 2014

Because of Love by Shauna V. Brown

For Christmas, all Phoebe Brown wants is to give her daughters new shoes to replace their heavy leather boots. But because they have very little money, her husband refuses to pay for them. Inspired by true events, this Christmas story shows how the power of love can change even the most begrudging heart.

What a sweet, sweet book!  This book touched my heart and made me feel things.  I love when books do that to me.  

Phoebe longs to give her daughters new shoes.  The girls are ridiculed and hurt by other children because they wear big, heavy boots everywhere.  All the time.  One of the worst feelings, I think, as a mother is to know your children are hurting.  When your children hurt, you hurt.  But, just like most mothers, Phoebe is resourceful and creative and she devises a plan to work and get new shoes for her girls.  It's touching and powerful.  As a mother and a daughter, I connected with the emotion in this book.  Love is a powerful tool that can change lives.

This sweet story is less than 100 pages.  It reads quickly and is the perfect little Christmas story.  This will definitely set your heart in the right place leading up to Christmas.

My thanks to Cedar Fort for allowing me to read and review for them.

2 comments:

  1. Ah!! This one sounds perfect! I haven't been reading many holding books so I'm going to get this book soon. Love the cover and I love it when a book touches you deeply. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I meant holiday books not holding...

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.