Thursday, March 16, 2017

Dragonwatch (Fablehaven Adventure #1) by Brandon Mull

In the long-awaited sequel to Fablehaven, the dragons who have been kept at the dragon sanctuaries no longer consider them safe havens, but prisons and they want their freedom. The dragons are no longer our allies....

In the hidden dragon sanctuary of Wyrmroost, Celebrant the Just, King of the Dragons, plots his revenge. He has long seen the sanctuaries as prisons, and he wants nothing more than to overthrow his captors and return the world to the Age of Dragons, when he and his kind ruled and reigned without borders. The time has come to break free and reclaim his power.

No one person is capable of stopping Celebrant and his dragon horde. It will take the ancient order of Dragonwatch to gather again if there is any chance of saving the world from destruction. In ancient times, Dragonwatch was a group of wizards, enchantresses, dragon slayers, and others who originally confined the majority of dragons into sanctuaries. But nearly all of the original Dragonwatch members are gone, and so the wizard Agad reaches out to Grandpa Sorenson for help.

As Kendra and Seth confront this new danger, they must draw upon all their skills, talents, and knowledge as only they have the ability to function together as a powerful dragon tamer. Together they must battle against forces with superior supernatural powers and breathtaking magical abilities.

How will the epic dragon showdown end? Will dragons overthrow humans and change the world as we know it?


It's finally here!!  The long awaited sequel series to Fablehaven is FINALLY here.  Fablehaven fans rejoice!!  :)  ha.  That would be my family.  When I told them this book was coming out and I had been offered a chance to review it they were so excited.  I told them I wasn't sure I would review and they almost lynched me.  I was just teasing, of course, because why would I pass up a chance to get my hands on Dragonwatch?!  One of the best things about this series is that it appeals to all audiences- young and old.  It's a fabulous series to read aloud with your kids or grandkids, and it's great for younger readers and adults alike.  I love that.

If you haven't read the Fablehaven series, I would highly recommend you start there.  BUT, I don't think you HAVE to.  It would just help so, so much.  You will have a better understanding of the characters, the past events that have led up to this book, and why things are happening.

This book picks up just as the last book left off.  All your old favorite characters are here with Kendra and Seth leading the way.  You get to meet some new friends as well.  This book is a fantasy adventure so there are so many creatures with special abilities, magical lands and lots of amusing and dangerous situations.  (I would sure love to have a nipsie pledging allegiance to me!)

And while some things are resolved with this new conflict with the dragons, there are plenty of things left wide open for the next book.  And so the wait begins again. . . 

Content:  some mild peril

- I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  A positive review was not required and all opinions expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.