Thursday, March 23, 2017

Unexpected Love: A Marriage of Convenience Anthology by Heather Chapman, Mandi Ellsworth, Paula Kremsler, Ashtyn Newbold


Around the turn of the century, matches were made for all sorts of reasons--whether to keep a family together or simply to make ends meet. But love has a way of turning up in the most unexpected places! With four historical romance stories in one, this fun anthology will sweep you from the dance floors of aristocracy to the hearths of country living, leading to love through the most unusual circumstances.


I love reading marriage of convenience stories.  In this book, you get four stories by four different authors.  The stories are novella in length, which is just perfect when you are looking for a quick fix.  (Which I didn't do.  I read one right after the other- sort of like a binge and felt oh so satisfied after!) Each of these stories are well done and I loved them all.  While they are all marriage of convenience stories, each felt different and unique.  The settings were varied and ranged from England to New York City and the western frontier.  The characters were fantastic.  I had no problem settling in with each one and letting the movies play out in my head.  Sometimes marriage of convenience stories can feel rushed, especially in a novella, but I didn't feel way that with any of these.  This was such a fun book and I'm so glad I had the chance to read and review it!

The book includes the following stories:

Ashbrook Abbey by Heather Chapman

First Comes Marriage by Paula Kremser

The Price of Her Heart by Mandi Ellsworth

Beauty and the Beholder by Ashtyn Newbold

Content:  kissing

- I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  A positive review was not required and all opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.