Wednesday, March 8, 2017

My Heart Belongs in Fort Bliss, Texas: Priscilla’s Reveille (My Heart Belongs) by Erica Vetsch


Fashion artist Priscilla Hutchens has a grudge against the army that has ruined her family and taken the people she holds most dear. When her twin niece and nephew are left orphaned at Fort Bliss, Texas, she swoops down on Fort Bliss to gain custody of them immediately.

There is just one thing standing in the way—Post surgeon Major Elliot Ryder, who is also the twins uncle, also claims the children and thinks he knows what is best for them.

Priscilla and Elliot will cross swords, but each will have to lay down arms if they are to find a lasting peace on which to form the family both are longing for. Who will win the battle? Or will a truce be called for the sake of love and family?


I really enjoyed this gentle romance set in the heart of Texas during a very volatile time with the surrounding Indians.  The author did a great job of painting a clear picture of the setting and the people for my mind.

Priscilla and Elliot are at odds.  Both are determined to have custody of their young niece and nephew.  Priscilla wants to take them away from the awful Fort they have been living at and Elliot is determined to keep the kids right where they are because it's all they have ever known.  Fortunately, both Priscilla and Elliot are good people trying to do good things so things never get mean or nasty- but there are definitely some tense moments with their tenuous relationship.

I really enjoyed the setting and how the author was able to weave so many characters and situations into the story to make me feel like I was sitting right there, watching it all play out.  It reminded me of a Hallmark movie- especially with the children playing such a large role in the book.  It's a slow and gentle romance and I thought it was great!

I didn't realize when I started reading that this book is part of a series being released- each book by a different author so I'm going to have to keep my eyes on that!  :)

Content:  Clean, some minor peril, Christian elements although nothing preachy

- I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.  All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.