Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Review: Illusions by Aprilynne Pike

From Goodreads:
Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice. 

But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail.


I seriously devoured this book.  In one day.  I love this series.  The first book I liked, the second I liked even more.  And this one?  I loved it.  I'm a little upset by the ending though.  I feel like I was all worked up, anxious and desperate to know and then, no.  Not going to happen.  This has to be one of the worst cliff hanger books ever.  I really don't like cliff hangers.  No resolution.  None.  (if this is sounding a bit like a 3 year old rant, that's probably because it is.  Well, maybe not so much the 3 year old part, but a rant to be sure.)  Do you know how long I have to wait for the next book?!  Seriously?!


Sigh.  


What else do I say?  I loved it.  I want more.  I want the end.  I want Laurel and Tamani to live happily ever after in their faery world and i want David to realize it's Chelsea he's loved all along.  That's what I want.  Today.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Huh. I read the first book at the beginning of this year and liked it well enough... maybe I should try the second if the series gets better. Not that I was avoiding it or anything - I just wasn't making an active attempt to find the second book. ANYWAYS. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I want the same things! Laurel and Tamani can never be happy unless David gets his HEA with Chelsea too:) Loved the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read this book b/c I've read the first 2 books! Maybe by putting the book off, I can have a smaller wait time for the last book in the series!

    I really want Laurel to be with Tamani too! To me, David's not very exciting. Also, my bro's name is David so any love interest in books named David weirds me out! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read this book yet, only the first one and half of Spells, i got bored so i've put down, but I'm really thinking of reading it again. Thanks for the review!

    rea0903(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.