Sunday, June 5, 2011

Meeting Authors! Fabulous Day!

I went to a book festival a couple hours from where I live yesterday.  It was awesome.  I met some great authors, got some of my books signed and ran into some cool people in the process.

I listened to James  Dashner present and he is lots of fun to listen to.  Very funny.  I found out we are the same age.  (which means we are very young despite the grey hairs...)  He had the first chapter of his book, which you see him holding up.  He wouldn't give it to me.  Darn.  I've had him sign my books already so I was just getting a picture this time around.  Well, and trying to get that booklet from him...

I was so excited to meet Kiersten White!  I really enjoyed Paranormalcy and I'm looking forward to her next book Supernaturally.  She signed my book with a pink pen, of course.  :)

We own every one of Brandon Mull's books.  My kids love his Fablehaven series.  I took our book of Candy Shop Wars to this event though.  Most of the people in line had his newest book, Beyonders, with them.  It was great to meet him.  I've heard Brandon Mull speak and he is very entertaining as well.

Here I am with Aprilynne Pike.  Awesome!  I haven't read her last book, Illusions yet, but it's in the pile.  She is so cute, isn't she?

I had to steal this book away from my daughter to take with me.  The Forgotten Locket is the last book in the Hourglass Door Trilogy by Lisa Mangum.  She is such a nice lady.  I've really enjoyed reading her books and it was exciting to meet her.

See what I mean?  Awesome day.  I had so much fun.  I was so glad I got to attend and that my mom came with me.  It was perfect.  :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! :D

    It looks like you had a great time and met some fab people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Lucky! I love both James Dashner's and Brandon Mull's books! That's so cool, and I'm so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous day with some amazing people. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to this too--it was so fun. James is one of my favorite people.

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.