Monday, June 27, 2011

I So Don't Do Famous by Barrie Summy


Her name is Sherlock Holmes Baldwin.  No, really.  But most everyone calls her Sherry.  And she really does have a knack for solving mysteries.  In this fourth installment of the series, Sherry is headed to Hollywood.  Her essay on love has won the grand prize from Hollywood Girl magazine and Sherry has won an all expense paid trip to Hollywood.  A dream come true for any thirteen year old.  Within a day of arriving, Sherry stumbles upon a mystery.  A purse is stolen right out from underneath their noses and the suspects are the same ones who have been burglarizing the homes of young Hollywood celebrities.  With the help of Sherry’s best friend Junie, and Leah, a new ghost on the scene, Sherry puts her mind to solving the million dollar mystery.

This was a cute book and I really enjoyed reading it.  It was fun and light.  Sherry is an active, curious character who loves solving mysteries.  The story had a good flow to it and made me smile.  My favorite line from the book was, “she’s pretty old, like forty.”  HA!  (while I’m not forty YET, I’m closer to that age if we are rounding!)  Sherry sure seemed to have a lot of free reign for a thirteen year old girl, especially in LA where things can get a bit rough.  I know I wouldn’t allow my thirteen year old girl to romp through the streets of LA, day and night, unsupervised.  This book has a marketed reading level of ages 9-12.  A fun summer read for your tween!

3 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? SHerlock Holmes Baldwin! What a name!
    Actually I am the huge fan of Sherlock as well, I think I will enjoy this book as well.

    Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a fun summer read! Not only is Sherry's given name Sherlock Holmes Baldwin (!!), she actually has to solve a mystery. Plus, she's a tween in Hollywood. Of course there's going to be an adventure.

    Thanks for the review. I'm going to try and check this book out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I loved the review!!
    This one seems interesting..reminds me a little of Bad Kitty!
    I love it when chick lit meets mystery!
    :D
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.