Monday, June 20, 2011

Review: Die For Me by Amy Plum


From Goodreads:

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.



I listened to this book on my IPOD, it started out being my motivation for exercising, but then I got hurt and I couldn’t exercise.  Do you think I was going to wait to finish this book?  No way.  I started plugging in while I cleaned, drove around (only one ear!) and anytime I could get away with it because I loved listening to this book.

Just one small irritation in the character Kate.  Small.  I didn’t like the way she kept calling Vincent a monster over and over in the beginning. She sometimes got on my nerves just a bit.   See?  Just a small complaint.  Not enough to deter me from loving this book.

I felt like I was there in the book with those characters.  I loved Vincent.  He really held the story together for me.  He is strong, steady and yummy.  Especially for a dead guy!  I loved getting to know his family of revenants.  They were all great characters with such a loyalty to each other.  The story of the revenants is a good one. 

I always say I do not like Zombie books, but I think this might just classify as a zombie book.  No, really.  Now I can say I like a zombie book.  J  Vincent was the best zombie ever.

This book contained some language, (a few hell’s and damn’s and once instance of the B word) and some kissing and sensuality.  

11 comments:

  1. Nice review! I loved this book. So far, I haven't seen a negative review of it either. Glad you enjoyed! :]

    NoraBell, The Bookery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!! The monster thing annoyed me a bit, as well! So glad you enjoyed this though.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing reviews for this one. I guess it's time to read it, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You almost had me fooled with your zombie comment but then I remembered words like charming and handsome being used to describe Vincent which are the some of the LAST words I would use to describe a zombie, and there is no kissy kissy with zombies. Remember they are infected and want to eat you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one of the books on my wishlist, I'd really like to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! Die For Me has very beautiful story and the most beautiful cover I have ever see this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review! This one has been on my to-read list for quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually stay away from audio books because I get bugged by the reader (like in Graceling oh my goodness). Maybe I'll look into getting this one though. I need more zombies in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice review - this book is a new one to me! It sounds very good so it is going on my mile-long TBR list hehe

    ... also, LOVE that cover art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, yes. Read this one. :)

    Diana, I love the cover too.

    Asenath, I don't usually love audio books either. And perhaps if you really know French, the accent wouldn't be so good. But, being as I don't know French and wouldn't know one accent from another, this worked for me. Let me know if you listen or read it. I'd love to know what you think.

    MAD, you should read this one. bump it up on that mile long list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever way to get things done! Listen to a book WHILE training, cleaning and driving. Not at the same time obviously. That would be... crazy. xD I really liked your review. It was fun and easy to read. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.