Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Review: Obsidian by Jennifer Arementrout

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.

Yeah, I know.  I'm the last blogging girl on earth to read this book.  I've been reading the rave reviews for a long time.  Well, now I've read it and guess what?  I don't have to wait a year to read the next book because it's already out!  :)  That's a perk.

This book is everything everyone is saying.  The words that stuck with me in most every review I read said, "I want more."  I'm here to tell you those words are so true.  I want more too.  This book really does leave you wanting more.  And more.  And more.  Why?  I think for me it was the super charged tension and the ultra witty banter.  Did I mention the super charged tension?  Yeah, that might be it.

The book is fast paced and exciting.  It had all the elements so many of us look for in books.  Friendship, romance, danger and action... I literally read it one day.  (of course I didn't do much else.  Sorry kids.  Kinda.  What!?  They got fed.)

The whole hot guy/rude guy typically isn't my favorite but it definitely works for this book.  No doubt that Daemon is that guy but he has met his match in little "kittycat".

Content:  There were some sexual situations, sexual talk and language, language, language.  Be advised. 

24 comments:

  1. First: you're not the last blogger to read this book. Sadly that would be me ;) lol. But can't wait to read it! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't the last either! It might be me and Helene as well! Haha!

    I do have it on my Kindle and I do really want to read it! Go blogging girl, yay! Daemon sounds freaking hot and adorable! I would love to banter with him myself! Hahaha! Sadly that might be totally legal to fall in love with him. Le sigh...

    Excellent review! Cannot wait to read this myself! Hopefully soon, but doubtful. Too behind on other books, it's so hard these days to stay caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too loved this book! I can't wait to read Onyx. Thanks for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this book. Not as much as Half Blood...but I really love Jen's writing style. It really draws you in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this book yet! :((
    After hearing a lot of good feedbacks about it, I am craving to have my own copy :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I haven't read this yet and I've been resisting buying it for a while now because I'm on a book buying ban. I don't think I've come across a negative review and while I'm a bit tired of the hot, rude guy it's great to know that it works in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just barely read this one myself. It was good! The sexual tension was hot and it was addicting. But I don't know...I just didn't fully LOVE it as much as everyone else. I did like it a lot and read Onyx right away. I like the aliens and different aspects. The ending to Onyx as definitely left me anxious for Opal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved loved loved this book! Read it just last month and well, yes, I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree! the hot/rude guy act TOTALLY worked for this book!! all the tension between them! *fans self* I LOVED this book. I just read it a couple of weeks ago too!!

    awesome review

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. great review! I can't wait to read this series! I've been a fan of Jennifer after reading Half-blood!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daemon might be the only bad boy that I like in a book (can't think of any others atm). I think I finished this book maybe 2 weeks ago. I love reading books late because the wait for the sequel is a lot less! Great review! Oh, and Onyx (book two) has so much more tension... (In my opinion at least)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you enjoyed it! Daemon is an awesome character who gets more interesting in every book.

    Read Onyx ASAP!
    Sam :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your review! I love books that leave you wanting more and are face paced. That means it's a great book if it can suck you in like that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Actually, you shouldn't feel bad at all. I still haven't read this book yet! LOL I'm not much into the bad boy thing either, but sometimes it works. Will have to see. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen this book and its awesome reputation! Haven't read it yet, but your review made me totally want to ! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the review. It is on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really need to read this book ! I've heard nothing but good things about it ! And no, you're not the last blogging girl to read it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your review! You are funny in some parts. I think in my contry we don't have this book yet. I love this kind of book, that really does leave me wanting more. The cover it's beautiful! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found out about this series from book lovers like yourself. I loved this book (I've also read Shadows, and Onyx) and can't wait for Opal.

    jmesparza821(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Obsidian! I read it not so long after it came out and it was amazing! Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved this review. I have not read this book yet, but it is on my tbr pile. I am looking forward to reading it.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was rather late to jump on the Obsidian bandwagon too! But it's so worth the wait to be able to read Onyx soon after. xD

    Now if only Opal (#3) would be released sooner... :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. That was a really good review. I really want to read this book and I have heard endless discussions about how good this book is. Sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've heard about it in almost every single blog i follow, so I will definitely give it a chance! It sounds very addicting :D

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.