Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Review: Montana Dreams by Jillian Hart

Bumping into her ex-fiancĂ© shatters Millie Wilson all over again. Now that she's back in Montana to care for her dying father, her real burden is the secret she's never divulged to Hunter McKaslin.Millie can't blame Hunter for his anger upon learning he's a father. He's never gotten over opening his heart, only to have it broken. Yet Millie senses a new goodness in Hunter. Finding their lost dreams now seems possible—if forgiveness and trust can find a place in this fresh start.

I was excited to get my hands on this book on NetGalley.  Harlequin's Love Inspired line is full of sweet books that will warm your heart.

Millie is hard working and so, so patient.  Almost TOO patient.  She puts me to shame.  The care she gives her father regardless of how undeserving he is, is touching.  I really enjoyed the tension between Millie and Hunter.  I just wished there would have been a kiss somewhere along the lines to shake it up a bit.  Alas, only a chaste kiss on the forehead for the whole book until the very, very end.  But, there was plenty of tension.  Millie and Hunter were young and in love although Hunter wouldn't admit it.  Funny how time and life experiences change how you view and feel about things.  This was especially true for Hunter.

I love the setting in Montana on a dairy farm and the sense of community there.  It reminded me of the many small country towns I've lived in. 

Overall, this was an enjoyable read.  I'll be looking forward to reading more books in the Love Inspired Line from Harlequin.

You can purchase Montana Dreams from Harlequin HERE, or Amazon HERE.

My thanks to both NetGalley and Harlequin for allowing me to read and review this book.

16 comments:

  1. Do you like Harlequin and romance?
    I've got this too on NetGalley ^^
    Will read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to stick to the Love Inspired line. The full on romance makes me squirm... I hope you enjoy this one.

      Delete
  2. you are right, when meet with a very patient person, i'm shame too because i had a bad temper :(

    sounds a great book and glad you enjoy harlequin's book, i loved too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's to both of us learning more patience then, Eli! Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any Harlequin books but my sister does and she says they are good. This story sounds like a good read. I like tension in a book but too much can be a bad thing. I def agree how time and life experenices can change your views on things! I think am going check this book out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wanted just a few more kisses. Something to get my heart pittering. (pretty sure that's not a word...)

      Delete
  4. I love reading Love Inspired books. They are so quick and easy to read and so uplifting. This one sounds just as good. It is very hard being selfless, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. But much easier when it comes to kids. Adults can sometimes be a different story. :)

      Delete
  5. great riview..cant wait to reading this book..
    thanks for the riview..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great read and I've never read anything by this author. Can't wait to check it out!! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't read anything by this author either but she has published many books. Maybe you'll find a new fav. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  7. This is new for me. I just see the book from your blog.I have never tried reading this genre. I think I should give a chance for this kind of book. :)

    I wish you could tell me more about the characters

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a good book that my grandmother would really enjoy. She loves a good love story, but nothing graphic or anything. I may have to pick this one up for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds interesting. Recently enjoyed reading Heaven's Touch by Jillian Hart.

    Jes
    jswaks at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.