Saturday, January 30, 2016

Cold Shot (Chesapeake Valor #1) by Dani Pettrey

In college, Griffin McCray and his four best friends had their lives planned out. Griffin and Luke Gallagher would join the Baltimore PD. Declan Gray would head to the FBI and Parker Mitchell would go on to graduate school as a crime scene analyst. But then Luke vanished before graduation and their world--and friendships--crumbled.

Now Griffin is a park ranger at Gettysburg, having left life as a SWAT-team sniper when a case went bad. The job is mostly quiet--until the day he captures two relic hunters uncovering skeletal remains near Little Round Top. Griffin just wants the case to go away, but charming forensic anthropologist Finley Scott determines that the body is modern--a young social justice lawyer missing since spring--and all evidence points to the work of an expert sniper. When FBI agent Declan Gray takes over the case, past and present collide. Griffin soon realizes he'll need to confront some of the darkest days of his life if he--and those he cares about--are going to escape a downward spiral of murder that crosses continents.


I really loved this book.  I am a fan of Dani Pettry and her books.  I love her writing style and I am always drawn into her books instantly.  It's hard to put them down.

This is the beginning of a new series which I'm really excited about.  Griffin is a complex character.  He's hiding things and holding a lot back but as the story progresses, the past unfurls itself.  I love how all the characters here are so intertwined and I love how I am progressively let into the loop.  It allowed me to know the characters and form my own opinions about them before knowing everything.  I loved Griffin.

This book is like a suspense mystery with a bit of romance.  The romance is slow forming and not the main focus, but it is there.  Finley is easy to like and smart.  I enjoyed watching things develop between her and Griffin.  It seemed natural and real.

Yup, I just enjoyed all things about this book.  I'm already looking forward to the next book.  It's going to be a looooong wait!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for taking time to read and review Cold Shot. Thrilled you enjoyed Griffin and Finley's story.

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.