Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Every Girl Gets Confused (Brides With Style #2) by Janice Thompson


Katie Fisher and Brady James may be a match made in heaven, but that doesn't seem to guarantee them a happily ever after accompanied by angelic choirs. In fact, the sounds being heard at the bridal shop where she works are on the contentious side lately, as a bride- and groom-to-be try to mediate the growing rivalry between their basketball-obsessed families in the middle of play-off season. On top of that, Katie's parents are nagging her to get out of Dallas and come home to tiny Fairfield where her former boyfriend Carson is waiting for her, ready to rekindle their relationship. Oy vey! What's a girl to do? And will she ever be able to wear that gorgeous wedding dress she won?

The breezy fun continues as Janice Thompson throws everyone's favorite small-town girl into big-city bridal chaos--and makes her choose between the love she thought she lost and the love she stumbled upon in the aftermath.


I love the concept of this book.  It was the blurb that really drew me to this book.  Well, that and the cute cover.

This book ended up being just okay for me.  Sometimes it just felt too long.  Some scenes dragged on with seemingly no point to them and I'll admit that I took to skimming in some parts.  There were A LOT of characters in this book- maybe too many- each with a side story (and romance) going on.  I would have preferred more feeling and focus on the main characters.  While all the characters were likable enough, I didn't feel especially connected to them.  I really didn't feel the romantic connection between Katie and Brady.  They felt like friends, which is good, but I didn't get any of those tingly feelings associated with romantic tension and anticipation.  

This book was clean though, and that is something I always appreciate.  This is Christian fiction and there is some religious talk.  I actually really loved the concept of "seasons" in our life and each season brings something for us to learn.  Hard things happen in life but there can be beauty in each season if we look for it.  So, the moral of this story was a good one even if I didn't love how it was presented.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.