Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Man Of Her Dreams (Welcome to Ravenwood Book 1) by Sue Barr

Making it in a man’s world as a home renovation expert is tough, but Lindsay Swanson’s up for the job – leaving no time for any kind of social life, until…

Jared Kane moved to Ravenwood for some much needed peace and quiet to finish his next book, which is hard to do when his sexy neighbor is the one renovating his kitchen…

Then Lindsay overhears Jared talking about her notebook. A notebook wherein she and her BFF – after one too many bad dates and one too many glasses wine – concocted a checklist of the perfect guy. Is Jared the real deal, or has he been molding himself into the man of her dreams to get past her defenses?

The evidence points to his guilt, and the rift between them seems insurmountable, but Jared’s not about to let the woman of HIS dreams get away.

 * Amazon * Goodreads *

This is the first book I've read by this author and it is also the first book in the Welcome to Ravenwood series.

I will first say that I liked this book well enough.  It was easy reading with likable characters.  The professions of Jared and Lindsay are not the normal for characters, so that was interesting.

The problem I had was that things just didn't always jive for me.  I didn't always believe the characters or the events happening.  The story felt very surface without a lot of depth.  I was a bit bugged by the random chef friend.  I didn't see the point of him being in the story at all.  There were a lot of characters that we got a glimpse of but their stories were like threads left hanging there.  I'm assuming they may be in upcoming stories of their own, but there were just so many of them.  I guess I wanted things to connect a little better for me.  The plot, the characters.

But, like I said, I like the story well enough.  It had some great moments.  I loved Lindsay's headliner moments.  They were funny.  And seriously?  What single girl wouldn't love to have a hunky man living next door?  Lindsay is living the dream!

Content:  sexual innuendo, steamy kisses, drinking alcohol


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.