Friday, September 26, 2014

Travel Glasses by Chess Desalls

When an ethereal being knocks Calla to the ground near her family’s lakeside cottage, Valcas helps her to escape by traveling to another place and time. At first, Calla is as intrigued by the otherworldly Valcas as she is by his method of time travel: an altered pair of sunglasses that enable the wearer to search for anyone or anywhere in the past, present or future. That is until she suspects that his search for her was no mere coincidence.

With her trust broken, Calla sets off on her own, taking the Travel Glasses with her. Torn between searching for her estranged father and reuniting with the rest of her family, she tracks down the inventor of the Travel Glasses in hopes of discovering more about Valcas’ past and motivations. With Valcas hot on her trail, Calla hopes to find what she’s looking for before he catches up.


The Call to Search Everywhen is a serial series of novel-length installments.

The first thing I'm going to say is that I really like this new cover better than the old one.  It's much more attractive.

I wasn't, however, attracted to the book inside.  I had such a hard time reading this book.  I think I read four other books while trying to plug through this one.  It was just tough going for me.

While the concept is good, the story telling leaves a lot to be desired.  The emotional connection was lacking.  I didn't engage and feel things like I wanted to.  I didn't get the time travel or find it altogether believable.  The book was put together in a way that made much of the time travel elements feel confusing.  The whole story just fell flat.  I guess this book just wasn't for me.

As always, I am one girl with one opinion.  If you love time travel books, you should check out what other people are saying about this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.