Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Shadows in the Curtain by Cami Checketts

Every stage actress wants fans, but what happens when one goes too far? Emmy has the perfect life- a house on the beach, a successful career headlining the local theater, and love. But when a brutal murder brings unimaginable grief, Emmy's world comes crashing down. As she tries to pick up the pieces, she can't seem to avoid Josh, the new fireman in town. Emmy does her best to fight the sizzle in her chest when Josh is near. But with the stalker still out there, terrorizing her and those she cares about, she can't fall for anyone-especially Josh, a suspect in the murder investigation. If Emmy allows a man to get close, it's not just her heart she puts at risk, it's her life.

Love.  Love, love, love.

Here's the thing.  Cami Checketts knows how to write a good book.  She knows pacing and tension and love.  She brings those things together in such a fabulous way that I literally devour her books.  Can't put them down, so bummed when they are over kind of devouring.  The characters are real and believable and you connect to them, feel with them.  

Before reading this book I read a couple books that were less than stellar and it's super hard to write reviews that are negative.  You start questioning if you are just being too picky, you know?  But then I picked up this book and I was reminded that yes, I do know what a good book is.  This is the kind of book that keeps you pressing forward, wanting to read more.  I know what a good book is.

Cami is one of my favorite romantic suspense authors and I am always so excited when I see she has a new book coming out.  This was probably one of my favorites so far.  It was a good, clean book and a great diversion for my brain.  Yay!

*  Goodreads *  Amazon  *  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Aimee! You don't know how much your wonderful review means to me.
    Many hugs,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.