Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Just a Girl (Just a Series Book 2) by Becky Monson

 

 

What happens when the right girl and the right guy meet at the wrong time?

One thing that can be said about Quinn Pearson is that she has a knack for doing the wrong thing at the wrong time. Like, the worst time ever. Take her job for instance. One little slip of the tongue using the mother of all swear words while reporting the news, and suddenly she finds herself with over 18 million views on YouTube and her employment in jeopardy. If that wasn’t bad enough, when she meets the man of her dreams, she nearly chokes to death on a powdered sugar donut.

Thankfully for Quinn, the dashing Brit, Henry, finds her near death experience quite charming. But just when Quinn thinks her luck is going to change, she finds out her timing is all wrong again. Henry is off limits. Or is he? Maybe it’s time for Quinn to quit settling for what life hands her. Perhaps it's time for her to become more than just a girl. 
 
 
Wow, I literally plowed right through this book, full steam ahead. I probably should have slowed down and savored it but I just couldn't help myself. (I'm also the girl that can just suck on candy- I just have to bite it.)  I just HAD to know how it was all going to work out. Quinn and Henry (yummy, yummy Henry) were fun characters. I smiled a lot, I laughed, I cheered, I swooned. Author Becky Monson did a great job of creating characters that felt real and believable with their flaws, insecurities and moments of brilliance. I really loved this story!!  It made me happy.
 
This book released yesterday (it feels like I've been waiting forever for it!) and I had pre-ordered it so it downloaded right away for me.  It's also on Kindle Unlimited if you have that.  

Content: kissing
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.