Monday, June 15, 2015

The Academic Bride (Billionaire Marriage Brokers, Book One) by Lucy McConnell

Early on, Pamela Jones realized she had an unusual talent for putting two people together. Over the years, she's turned it into a successful matchmaking service for the ultra wealthy: Billionaire Marriage Brokers. While she specializes in "business" marriages -- paring people off because of their skills, education, or training -- she can spot a potential love match a mile away. When Pamela has a "good feeling" about a bride and groom - a business marriage can become so much more.

Janel Fendrick is a go-getter. Her dream of excavating a Mayan temple is within reach -- until the funding is pulled and she's left scrambling for an alternative. Pamela Jones comes along with a proposal...and a groom! Janel hesitates, until she realizes that one year of marriage is a small price to pay to have all her dreams come true. What she doesn't realize, is that she's about to get more than she ever dreamed of.

 * Goodreads *  Amazon *

Here is the beginning of a new series of short stories from author Lucy McConnell.  I actually stumbled on the second book in this series, The Organized Bride (Billionaire Marriage Brokers Book 2), on Amazon, picked it up and read it.  I have read other books by Lucy McConnell (Snow Valley Anthologies ) which I really enjoyed so I was excited to read it.  I didn't realize at first that I was reading the second book but it is a stand alone book and didn't require me reading the first book in the series to enjoy it.  As soon as I finished it, I knew I wanted to read the first book and review it so I could share this fun series with everyone who loves a good, clean romance!

There are pros and cons for this book being shorter than a regular book.  The biggest con for me is that I was left wanting more.  More, more, more.  I think the author could have dragged this book out and given me a full sized novel with these characters and this situation.  I'm greedy.  I wanted more. 

BUT.  

Everything was accomplished in this book in a way that kept me invested and happy.  I was drawn in from the very first pages and I loved the growing attraction between Janel and Nick.  Nick is so considerate and sweet.  He really wants to take care of Janel.  I loved that.  I also loved the brownie bonding and the ice cream kiss.  Yum.  

I really love this series because I get fun characters thrown into a crazy situation where love grows and my romantic heart lets out a contented sigh.  These books are clean, which I really appreciate in my romance novels.  (no swearing or sexual situations- just some kissing)

Because these are shorter stories, I read through them quickly.  I polished this one off in a couple hours while waiting for my daughter at a conference.  I can't wait to read the next book!  I hope it comes out soon.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.