Thursday, January 22, 2015

Eruption by Adrienne Quintana

Jace Vega has finally landed her dream job—working for Omnibus, an up-and-coming tech firm. But a mysterious message from her future self sets Jace and her old friend Corey racing to piece together clues before Omnibus destroys their future—and their past. This fast-paced thriller will keep you guessing till the very last page.

 * Amazon * Goodreads *

Do you love time travel books?  Dr. Who kind of TV shows and movies?  If you do, you will probably really enjoy this book.  For me, time travel books are usually just confusing.  I have a really hard time keeping everything straight in my head.  I gave up watching Dr. Who but my husband and kids love it.  The one time travel movie I love is Somewhere in Time.  ha.  And even that one confused me to some degree.

So, yeah.  I was a bit confused in this book.  There is a lot of jumping around through memories (or are they memories?) or is it the future that hasn't happened (or has it?).  My brain just could not do it.  That's not anyone's problem buy my own because I actually think the concept of this book is great.  I liked the story and the characters.  I thought the pacing was good and the details kept me interested.  I didn't really understand the relationships between characters- that was mostly surface without a lot of detail because most of it happened in the future.  I think.  Uugh!!

Because I was just a wee tad bit confused the whole time, I always felt like I was missing something.  I was curious when the book started and I grew more and more confused in some areas while others things became more clear.  I can't say that by the end everything was all cleared up because I was left on a cliff that I didn't fully understand in the end too.  <sigh>  Maybe time travel is like calculus or trig to my brain.  It just doesn't compute.

Bottom line is that while I was confused by the time travel aspect, I was interested and I liked the story.  This book is clean (no sexual situations or swearing) which is always a plus in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.