Monday, February 4, 2013

Finished Being Fat by Betsy Schow

Not everyone can win the race, but everyone can finish it. In her quest to wish away an extra 75 pounds, Betsy changed her life for good. Using her Philosophy of Finishing, she snowballed her efforts from weight loss into a bucket list of seemingly impossible dreams. This inspiring account of one woman's journey will help you find the strength to conquer your most daunting goals and unfinished projects.

I knew I was going to enjoy reading this book even before I read it.  I've been reading the reviews and listening to the chatter and there is so many good things being said about this book.  Yes, this is a book about a gal who loses weight but it is so much more than that.  Finished Being Fat is a book about reaching that all time low, picking yourself up and working it out.  

I was amused.  I was inspired.  I was educated.  

We can all relate to feeling less than adequate about something, somewhere.  We compare ourselves to others.  Why do we do that?  One thing I loved about this book was the emotional change within Betsy.  The way she looked at things started to change and with that she became happier.  

I love the realization that we don't get to win every race.  Most of us probably don't even get to win half of them.  But, we can all finish.  We can finish the things that we start.  We can do our best and hold our heads up.  Sometimes finishing is all we need to do.  That is life.  Not just losing weight.

I have to admit that reading about all that running exhausted me.  :)  I don't think I'll ever be a runner but I seriously need to find something that I do love that will get me moving more.  I really admire the message in this book and the real life high's and lows that the author shared with us.  This is such a personal journey and it takes guts to lay it all out there for people to read and analyze.  

I really enjoyed reading this book.  I'd recommend it to anyone, not just people interested in weight loss.  It was a great read.  You can purchase this book at Amazon.

After many years of unhappiness and being unpleasantly plump, Betsy Schow found her way to weight loss success and a better life through the Philosophy of Finishing. She shares it all in her first book, Finished being Fat – available January 2013 from Cedar Fort Inc. Her adventure inspired her certify in yoga and fitness so she could help others achieve their goals. You can find her running around the mountains of Utah, chained to her laptop, or wrangling two small children. 

 http://www.betsyschow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.