Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Review: Free Souls by Susan Kaye Quinn

The final installment of the Mindjack Trilogy is here! 

When your mind is a weapon, freedom comes at a price.

Four months have passed since Kira left home to join Julian’s Jacker Freedom Alliance, but the hole in her heart still whistles empty where her boyfriend Raf used to be. She fills it with weapons training, JFA patrols, and an obsessive hunt for FBI agent Kestrel, ignoring Julian’s worries about her safety and repeated attempts to recruit her for his revolutionary chat-casts. When anti-jacker politician Vellus surrounds Jackertown with the National Guard, Kira discovers there’s more to Julian’s concerns than she knew, but she’s forced to take on a mission that neither want and that might be her last: assassinating Senator Vellus before he can snuff out Julian’s revolution and the jackers she’s come to love.

Wa-hoo!  The final installment of the Mindjack Trilogy!  I've been loving this series and I'm so happy that Susan allowed me to read and review Free Souls for her.  She has done a remarkable job with these books.  I just love them.  Oh.  Have I said that already?

This series has all the great elements that I look for in a book.  There is action and suspense, good character development, believable relationships and dialogue and that bit of romance that my heart craves.  The constant action and energy in this book is just consuming.  The whole concept of the mind abilities is so cool.  I've not read anything quite like this before.  These books are clean and that makes me so happy.  It means that I can recommend them to anyone, including my daughter, and not worry at all.  

I love to hate Kestrel.  I just love to love Julian.  I've been so torn up over Rafe.  And Kira? I just want some happily ever after for that girl.  All her strong and brave stuff needs some relief.  In this last book, I'm happy to say that I got so much resolution without it becoming some pat ending in a box with a bow.   Love this series.  Love.

Another thing I love about this series is all the short stories that go along with it.  These give you a glimpse into the characters minds individually.  They are like little snacks in between the meat and potatoes.  Really yummy snacks.  I've been reading them all along but if you haven't read these books yet, you can get them all in one place along with some deleted scenes and some other fun bonus material.  You can find this collection on Amazon.


You can purchase Free Souls on Amazon.

Susan Kaye Quinn grew up in California, where she wrote snippets of stories and passed them to her friends during class. Her teachers pretended not to notice and only confiscated her stories a couple times.

Susan left writing behind to pursue a bunch of engineering degrees, but she was drawn back to writing by an irresistible urge to share her stories with her niece, her kids, and all the wonderful friends she’s met along the way.

She doesn’t have to sneak her notes anymore, which is too bad.

Susan writes from the Chicago suburbs with her three boys, two cats, and one husband. Which, it turns out, is exactly as a much as she can handle.


15 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this one but it sounds awesome!!

    Lovely review:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not familiar with this series so I'll have to check it out. It definitely sounds interesting. I think my daughter might like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this series as well!:) Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. veru intersting story...
    thx 4 the review...i wanna read free souls too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of the Mindjack trilogy, and it sure sounds like a good read. I like that it's a book that can be recommended to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic series, and I love Free Souls! Hooray for Susan~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard about this series until now, but I am intrigued!
    Ashley A

    ReplyDelete
  9. This series sounds awesome! I think I would really like it! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first two books were fabulous and I was very excited to hear that it was coming to the big screen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! She sounds like a kiss-ass girl! I gotta read this! Thanks for the review, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of this series before, sounds like one I could get into for sure! Thanks for your review!
    oddball2003 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read them! I like to read stories that developt the characters and you can enjoy for everyone of them different stories and I believe this series is one of those plus having a bit of romance here and there is wonderful too! Thanks for sharing this series with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review! The Mindjack Triology has been on my TBR/wish list for a while now. I've got to get my butt moving on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds interesting! I'll check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.