Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Do Over by Shannon Guymon

Who wouldn't be tired of dating after falling for the wrong woman over and over again? Trey has decided to take a much-needed break from the fairer sex, until Iris tumbles into his life. Their romance will either be a disaster waiting to happen or the best fairy tale since Sleeping Beauty. This final installment of the Alpine series will have you giving love another chance.

This was such a fun read.  I knew the minute I saw it that I had to read it and I went right over to NetGalley and fetched it.  Thank you NetGalley and Cedar Fort for the review copy of Do Over!

Trey and Iris will make you smile both together and separately.  After an ugly relationship, Iris decides to experiment with her clothing and hair to fit what she feels is more like the "real" her.  After living a certain way for so long she felt stifled and needed a change.  Her "do over" shook everything up.  Where she lived, how she looked and definitely how she viewed herself.  I think it would be fun for even a week to just wear stuff that you normally don't wear and try something new.  I for sure want a pair of those boots!

That Trey is smooth.  He just lassos Iris without her even knowing it.  Trey is also loyal and devoted (well, except for that one moment where he is stupid.  Although I guess that just makes him human).  I've read all the books in this series and I'm glad Trey found his match.  It was fun to have the couples from the other books in this book too.  It was like visiting old friends.

This is a sweet romance and I loved it.  There were a few references to the LDS culture/religion but absolutely nothing preachy or religious was in this book.  I think this is a book anyone who loves clean romance will enjoy.

14 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this one! I've read the other related books (is it officially a series?) and really enjoyed them. Such fun reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good, fun book for those rainy days when you just need a book to make you smile Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the cover is super cute. I would hurt myself in those boots, in a big way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds quite interesting! Too bad I didn't know about this book sooner. Must read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read this, I'm adding it to my TBR list!
    Thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks cool! I love these kinds of novel so I am looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a cute, fun, clean romance. Thanks for getting the word out on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww... I love a good romance and this one looks to have some humor which is a much needed plus!

    mestith@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it bad that I would read this book completely based on the cover? Those boots are adorable.
    Dede

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of re-discovering yorself after a bad relationship, best thing to do! The book sounds cute, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how this sounds! Great review and I can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover caught my attention and the story sounds fun, sounds like a good read for those light reading days. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a big fan of contemporary romance books. Can't wait to read this! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.