Friday, November 2, 2012

Love at First Date by Susan Hatler ~ My New Favorite Short Romance

Ellen’s figured out that finding the right guy is all about compatibility. That’s why she’s signed up for Detailed Dating—the local online dating scene in Sacramento. Learning men’s preferences up front, plus a few weeks of email correspondence, has resulted in two candidates she’s excited to meet in person.

When Ellen’s best friend asks her to baby-sit her beloved pooch, dog-sitting leads to disaster and Ellen ends up at the local vet where she meets a man she can’t stop thinking about. Henry isn’t a logical choice, but Ellen suddenly finds herself signing up for a week-long doggy class to spend more time with him.

Now, Ellen has a choice: Go with one of the logical choices or let herself fall for the one man her heart seems to want.

Here it is!  My new, favorite, hot off the press, short romance.  Usually with short stories I am left wanting more but Love at First Date left me completely satisfied.  Well, I maybe could have used a smooch more kissing (wink, wink), but honestly this book was awesome.  I loved it.  It was full of happy smiles.

This book goes along with My Last Blind Date (which I also loved) .  It was fun to catch a glimpse of Rachel from that book as well as get to know Ellen more in this book.  I love the setting in Sacramento.  (hello, Sacramento!)  That's my home stomping grounds.  Now a days, when I get to Sacramento, I know I'm almost home.

One of the things I love about Susan's writing is that it just feels real.  The character's dialogue and interactions are easy and comfortable reading.  There is humor and there is sizzle.  Perfect, right?  If you want an short evening read to curl up with, look no further.  

You can find Love at First Date on Amazon for just $1.99.  Go ahead.  Indulge.

Content:  Clean (no swearing, no sex)

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked Ellen's story, Aimee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for featuring this. The cover is gorgeous and the book sounds like a solid chick lit.

    Braine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved My Last Blind Date! I picked this up for free today on my kindle. Get it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting read. Love the blurb and your review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds sweet, and your review has made me put it on my to-get list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover, the blurb and your review. I want to read this book, definitely.

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great I cant waitto read this book

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to your review, the book absolutely sounds amazing.. The books sounds cute and sweet too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! I love short romances and this sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great book! I love finding new romance novellas to read, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for review, I want to read this :D, I love book cover :D

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.