Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review: Motherhood Matters

In these hectic days where life's demands can quickly become a heavy burden, Motherhood Matters helps you find more memorable moments and take the stress out of the to-do lists. Written with clarity, concision, and wit, this short, yet indispensable handbook is better than flowers, more guilt-free than chocolate, and gives back to the woman who sacrifices so much of herself every single day.

What a lovely little read!  Being a mother can be tough and challenging, right?  It takes all our creative resources and most of our energy.  <big sigh>  This book acknowledges that and provides the encouragement and reminders of how worthwhile motherhood is.

I especially enjoyed the reminders that each of us mother differently.  And that is okay.  We can be ourselves and laugh at our mistakes.  Love is the most important ingredient in the recipe of being a great mother.  Sometimes I think I forget that.  It's so easy to get caught up in the "stuff", which my kids will probably not even remember.  But, they will remember the love.  That is the constant I can provide.

"Some mothers sew their children’s costumes—some buy
them online with shopper savvy discounts. What matters is that
we love and nurture and raise our children in the best ways they
need it. That we deeply and fully love our children, apologize for
mistakes, and do better tomorrow."

I especially liked this quote~
You are the trip I did not take;
You are the pearls I cannot buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky.

This book was a sweet reminder of the wonderful blessings of motherhood.  A book that can be read in bits and pieces as you have time or all at once if you have a little more time.  It leaves you feeling like you aren't alone in this big world and the work we do as mothers does indeed matter.  A whole lot.

This book was written with the LDS woman in mind.  It is based on the doctrines of the LDS faith.  

4 comments:

  1. oh, i like the quote, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great quotes, and I love how the emphasis is on how it's okay to have different parenting styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great read - with all the stress that a mother goes through, it would be nice to have a book that helps you find ways of getting more enjoyment out of all aspects of your life. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its hard when you are in the thick of it to enjoy the moments that wont come again...I have five and some days I love it and others I hate. Looking back I love it all because I only remember the good and the best. Thanks Lisa

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.