Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Review & Giveaway: Shayla Witherwood: A Half-Faerie Tale
Shayla Witherwood is not exactly normal. First of all, she’s spent her entire life being homeschooled, traveling in an RV around the country with her grandparents. And second, there’s the kind of inescapable fact that her mom was a genuine faerie.
But now that she’s starting a real life in a regular high school, Shayla desperately needs to stay out of trouble in both worlds because even her faerie powers might not be enough to protect her from what’s coming.
There were lots of things to like about this book. Here's my run-down:
1. It was clean. No swearing, no sex.
2. Shayla knows she is a half faerie even if she doesn't know exactly all that entails.
3. The invisible/unconscious kiss. (that is just fabulous and so funny)
4. The hunky popular crush is also a very nice guy.
5. Faerie powers are awesome. Especially when used to do good. Like free poor bugs.
6. The chess playing, shoe finding janitor
7. Green grapes
8. Friends and compromise
It was a bit slower paced than many other books in this genre. I felt like it was more about friends and relationships than any "good VS evil" stuff. There was some of that, of course, but I felt like it was more about Shayla figuring out for the first time how to be a faerie and how deal with others. I liked it. :)
This book will be released May 8th, 2012.
You can find it on Amazon.
My thanks to Cedar Fort for the preview copy as well as the e-book provided for the giveaway. The giveaway is INT because it is an e-book. Giveaway ends 4/18/12.
a Rafflecopter giveaway