Monday, October 26, 2020

In Name Only (Pine Falls Novel Book 2) by Jennifer Peel


He gave his name to protect her. All she wanted was his heart. 

Dani Kramer used to think growing up in foster homes was the most difficult thing she would ever have to do until all her dreams come true. Married to the love of her life, Dr. Brock Holland, and running a foundation that specializes in finding jobs for kids out of foster care, Dani seems to have it all. What no one knows is that it could all go away tomorrow if anyone finds out about the precious secret she carries.

For Brock Holland, military doctor, life has always been about duty to his career and country. But when he’s captured during a joint allied training mission, thoughts of Dani, his best friend, the woman he’s tried for years not to fall in love with, help him not only survive but reevaluate his priorities. However, when he returns home, he finds Dani is pregnant. In a cruel twist, duty calls again. He must marry Dani to save her from becoming a political pawn in a dangerous game she didn’t know she had signed up to play. 

But who will protect Dani’s and Brock’s hearts from each other? Or will they discover their marriage is more than only sharing a last name?

* Goodreads * Amazon  

What just happened?!  I'll tell you exactly what just happened.  I fell in love.  My heart broke.  Then it fluttered with hope.  Then it broke again.  Then it celebrated.  Then it got stomped on.  Torn out.  But then put back together, a little different then when it started but still beating and hopeful and full of love.  Does this sound like an emotional roller coaster?  Yes.  Yes it does.  But in the very best of ways.

Dani and Brock have history.  It's a bit complicated (and by a bit, I mean a LOT), in the past and at the present time.  Both are battling their own demons while trying to navigate a very sticky and stressful situation.

Author Jennifer Peel has said that this Pine Falls series is a bit like a soap opera, and it really is!  But again, in the very best of ways.  There is so much drama.  DRAMA LAMA.  I LOVED it.  There aren't enough hearts to convey my love for this book.  That's because this author does such a good job of making me feel things.  I am invested in her characters and I'm full of emotions.  That's a win.  I'm willing to be put through the wringer if I come out with heart eyes in the end and have real emotions all the way through.

It was really hard to drag myself away from this book.  When I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it.  I can't wait to go back and read it again!  Oh, and this might be one of my favorite covers ever.  I am in love with it as well as what's inside!

Content warning: Mention of intimate relations but nothing in detail.  Kissing.  This book contains sensitive material related to PTSD, brief military violence, and pregnancy. For more detailed descriptions that include spoiler alerts see the authors blog on her website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.